Reifer Consultants is a recognized leader in the fields of cost estimation and measurement. In this leadership role, Reifer Consultants is currently helping clients to define, refine, calibrate and deploy new estimating and measurement methods, models and tools worldwide. Specific products and services that we offer include the following:
- Reifer Consultants has just launched a two and three day hands-on workshop related to estimating resources needed for moderate to large-scale agile software developments. This class teaches students how to use traditional methods and models to develop budget targets at the project level. It then instructs students on how to use agile techniques to estimate increment or sprint resources. A variety of sizing techniques are reviewed for potential use in estimating including story points, UML points, function points, web objects and source lines of code.
- Reifer Consultants offers a variety of benchmarking products and services aimed at helping clients determine their performance relative to "best in class" competitors. As part of these offerings, they publish a benchmarking report semi-annually containing software productivity, cost and quality norms which organizations can use for comparison purposes.
- Reifer Consultants also assists clients in calibrating their software estimating models. Such a service is needed because calibrated models provide more accurate estimates of software effort and duration.
- Reifer Consultants generates independent estimates for clients to serve as benchmarks for validating the reasonable of estimates and offers.
- Reifer Consultants investigates troubled projects using "root cause" analysis to pinpoint those problems that impact bottom-line performance.
- Reifer Consultants also performs a variety of organizational analyses aimed at improving competitiveness in the marketplace.
Intellectual Property Valuation
- Reifer Consultants develops estimates of software intellectual property value by investigating replacement costs using a variety of cost models and techniques.
- Reifer Consultants uses its cost model expertise to develop independent "should cost" or "should cost to complete" estimates for its clients.
- Reifer Consultants offers a variety of two and three day hands-on, in-depth workshops related to software cost estimating. These workshops range from basic cost estimating to estimating agile projects.
- Reifer Consultants also offers two and three day hands-on, in-depth workshops aimed at understanding and using software cost models effectively. These are offered in-house primarily as hands-on courses.