Reifer Consultants is a recognized leader in the fields of cost estimation and measurement. In this leadership role, Reifer Consultants is currently helping clients to define, refine, calibrate and deploy new estimating and measurement methods, models and tools worldwide. Specific efforts we are contributing to include:
- As one of the authors of the popular COCOMO IITM model, we help potential users understand the model and put it into use operationally. This model was developed over 10 years ago by the Center for Systems and Software Engineering at the University of Southern California (USC) to address challenges of estimating software effort and duration.
In addition to providing leadership in the field of software estimating, Reifer Consultants offers the following related products and services:
- Reifer Consultants offers a variety of benchmarking products and services aimed at helping clients determine their performance relative to "best in class" competitors. As part of these offerings, they publish a benchmarking report semi-annually containing software productivity, cost and quality norms which organizations can use for comparison purposes.
- Reifer Consultants also assists clients in calibrating their software estimating models. Such a service is needed because calibrated models provide more accurate estimates of software effort and duration.
- Reifer Consultants generates independent estimates for clients to serve as benchmarks for validating the reasonable of estimates and offers.
- Reifer Consultants investigates troubled projects using "root cause" analysis to pinpoint those problems that impact bottom-line performance.
- Reifer Consultants also performs a variety of organizational analyses aimed at improving competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Reifer Consultants offers a variety of two and three day hands-on, in-depth workshops related to software cost estimating. These workshops range from basic cost estimating to estimating agile projects.
- Reifer Consultants also offers two and three day hands-on, in-depth workshops aimed at understanding and using software cost models effectively. To view a sample course prospectus, click on COCOMO Workshop.