- Innovator, entrepreneur, businessman and internationally recognized software thought leader.
- Software program/product manager with over 20 years experience leading successful efforts.
- Capture manager with impressive record of over a dozen competitive wins.
- Agile executive coach and subject matter expert with over a decade of experience.
- Recognized expert with 30+ years of experience managing large-scale efforts.
- Consultant who helped clients introduce analytics, agile methods, machine understanding/learning, process improvement and other innovations.
- Recognized expert in the field of software reverse engineering and security.
- Well versed in writing and reviewing proposals from a government point-of-view.
- Has served as an expert witness on several major software intellectual property court cases.
- Built a management consulting firm from scratch to $4 million annually in sales.
- Led capture of 11 SBIR projects valued at $5 million in sales.
- Assisted in the capture of contracts valued at hundreds of millions of dollars.
- As a Hitachi consultant, led the development engineering workstations that were credited with saving millions in cost.
- As a Nokia consultant, framed an R&D/acquisition strategy that led to $60+ million in sales.
- As a deputy program manager, led the on-time and budget delivery of software for a large satellite program.
- Strategic analysis and planning
- Product management (including roadmaps)
- Large-scale program management
- Acquisition management and out-sourcing
- Proposal writing and capture management
- Major account management
- R&D management and new product development
- Team leadership and building
- Board presentations and interactions with C-Level Executive
Executive Thought Leader and Consultant, Nov 2017 to Present
Helping clients improve their ability to deliver complex software-intensive products on-time and budget using agile, agile-at-scale, AI, DevOps, IoT, machine learning and other new approaches.
President and CTO, Reifer Consultants LLC, 1995 to Nov 2017
As a senior consultant and executive coach, helped clients grow their business, run large software projects, solve operational problems, and pursue agile/digital transformations.
Director Software Initiatives Office, U.S. Department of Defense, 1993 to 1995.
As Director of the Software Initiatives Office, led several of the nation’s premier software initiatives for the Department as a Senior Executive Official.
- As Director, I provided vision and technical leadership for the DOD-wide software initiatives including Ada, reuse and IT modernization.
- Responsible for managing over a $1 billion in acquisitions and a staff of over 200 government, contractor and think tank professionals.
- Administered over 200 university grants directed towards developing the workforce.
- Partnered with many DOD projects including the Future Combat Systems, Joint Strike Fighter, Next Generation Destroyer and the common operating environment.
- B.S. in Operations Research, University of Southern California.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- CMMI appraisal training at the Software Engineering Institute.
- Software Security Fundamentals and training in intrusion detection techniques
- Advanced operating systems training at California Institute of Technology.
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Life Member of the International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA).
Mr. Reifer has published nine books and over 200 technical papers with over two dozen in the areas of agile methods and change management.
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- AIAA Software Engineering Award.
- Secretary of Defense’s Medal for Outstanding Public Service.
- International Federation of Parametric Analysts Freiman Award.
- Hughes Aircraft Company Masters Fellowship.
- Eta Kappa Nu (Electrical Engineering Honors Society).
- Omicron Delta Kappa (National Leadership Honors Society).
- “Protecting Applications Software against Unauthorized Access, Reverse Engineering or Tampering,” Publication No. WO2007055729 A3, 30 April 2009.
Donald J. Reifer, Consultant
79410 Azahar, La Quinta, CA 92253 USA
Cell: (310) 922-7043
Email : email@example.com
Web : www.reifer.com